- This event has passed.
March 25 @ 10:00 am - May 27 @ 5:00 pm IST
Himachal State Museum, Shimla
Seminar circular 11/01/2022
Himachal State Museum, Shimla, announces a three-day in-person International Seminar on ‘Himalayan History, Culture, Archaeology, Palaeoenvironment, Ethnography and Languages’ at Himachal State Museum, Shimla. Uncertainty looms large in deciding final dates of any in-person seminar due to Covid pandemic. Therefore, it is proposed that if condition remains normal, the seminar will take place on March 25-27, 2022. Alternatively, depending on the prevailing conditions it will be postponed until normality returns.
The objective of the seminar is to bring together scholars working on different regions of Himalaya to promote mutual understanding of recent researches and discoveries relating to Himalayan history, culture and archaeology. It is aimed that the deliberations of this seminar will create an environment of learning and educates emerging research scholars interested in the Himalayan studies.
- Only individual papers (panels not accepted) based on original un-published research onany aspect of Himalayan history, culture, archaeology, palaeoenvironment, ethnography, and language will be considered for in-person presentation.
- Virtual participation/pre-recorded presentation will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Tentative deadline for submission of abstract (500 words): 20 February, 2022.
- Abstract should be submitted by email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Travel expenses within India shall be reimbursed @ II AC railway/AC Volvo Bus/shared taxi fare.
- International Scholars will be reimbursed only part airfare on a case-by-case basis.
- The Museum will provide local hospitality to the participants.
Himachal State Museum